LuxFLAG hosted a second webinar on ESG data in partnership with the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) on 25 June 2020.
”Using and improving ESG data to measure ESG performance”
Renewed interest in sustainable finance has put ESG into the spotlight. The terms “ESG” and “sustainability” are often used interchangeably, though a company with a higher ESG score is not necessarily more sustainable than one with a lower score. In this webinar we delve more deeply into why and how ESG data are used or provided by different entities, including in research, data analytics, and institutional investment.
- The webinar covered the practical implications of ESG Data as well as measurement tools and reporting including:
- A researcher’s assessment: Disparities in ESG ratings across vendors and mixed findings on the market impact of ESG on firms’ value
- A life-cycle perspective: Can the ESG concept be expanded to incorporate impacts along companies’ supply chains?
- Assessing the ESG footprint of investor portfolios
- Using ESG data to advise investors and companies
- What aspects of the European Investment Bank’s activities flow into its ESG assessment by external rating agencies?
A recording of the webinar is available here (login required).