LuxFLAG is looking for a (Senior) Sustainability Operations Officer
To download the job description, please click here.
Reports to: Sustainability Operations Manager and/or Head of Sustainability Operations
Place of work: Luxembourg (Kirchberg)
Contract type: Full time, CDI
Start date: as soon as possible
The Luxembourg Finance Labelling Agency (LuxFLAG), is an in independent and international non-profit association (“Association”), created in Luxembourg, in July 2006, by seven private and public founding partners to support sustainable finance (now eight Charter Members in total).
LuxFLAG promotes the raising of capital for the sustainable finance sector by awarding four Impact or three ESG recognizable labels to eligible financial products.
The LuxFLAG labels are recognized for their high standards and rigorous assessment of applicants’ financial products, strategies and procedures with respect to Impact and ESG matters as well as an affirmation of their transparency to investors, key components of the eligibility criteria for the LuxFLAG Labels.
The (Senior) Sustainability Operations Officer will support the Sustainability Operations Manager and/or the Head of Sustainability Operations in the day to day operations.
This role requires an analytical and dedicated mindset to support and actively contribute to the LuxFLAG labelling operations and research processes.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure a robust labelled applications’ review process, in compliance with the ISAE 3000-certified framework;
- Take an active role in the review of applications for all labels in accordance with the Quality Assurance Guidelines;
- Participate actively to the data governance modelling and framework and the data collection of Impact and ESG investments for research and analyses’ purposes;
- Maintain and develop regularly statistics related to LuxFLAG Impact and ESG labelled products;
- Contribute to and drive research projects on Sustainable Finance / Impact Investing best market practices or on the broader financial labelling landscape;
- Support the coordination of the LuxFLAG Eligibility Committee’s proceedings;
- Be involved in promoting and implementing LuxFLAG’s labels standards at conferences and training to a selected audience on different subjects related to Impact or ESG matters.
Profile, skills and capabilities:
- Studies: Master degree in Finance, Law, Economics, Statistics or Business Management; ideally with a sustainability/Sustainable finance/Sustainable development specialisation;
- 3 (5 for a Senior) years of professional experience in finance, advisory, business consultancy, fund oversight/control or ESG/Impact ratings, etc.
- Proven competence in ESG and Sustainable Finance-related topics such as Responsible Investing, Impact Finance;
- Excellent writing skills and acquainted with routine IT office tools (especially good level with excel and database) and data providers (e.g. Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc.);
- Well organized, dedicated and focused with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Analytical and diligent and ability to manage a wide range of project streams and to attend to new priorities quickly as required;
- Analytical, committed and diligent;
- Well organised with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-tasks and manage arrange of project streams and attend to new priorities as quickly as required;
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined with an enthusiastic and positive approach;
- Adherence to the Association’s mission and core values, and strong willingness to work for a non-profit organization;
- Fluency in English both spoken and written; French and/or German is considered an asset;
What we will offer you:
- An agile working environment with diverse cultures and nationalities, keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative and can-do spirit;
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills and interests;
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented Association that rewards above-average result;
- Good work-life-balance and flexible working hours;
- Training for your individual career development;
- 26 + 8,5 days of vacation and meal vouchers;
- Supplementary health insurance; and
- Complementary pension plan.
LuxFLAG aims to create a positive impact on society by supporting the development of socially and environmentally responsible investments. Our greatest resource is our diverse and dynamic workforce. A culture based on open communication and cooperation at work encourages internal discussion and reflection and provides possibilities for continued professional growth.
We are dedicated to treating all workers and applicants fairly and equitably and we support diversity and inclusion across our Association. We value diversity as a key asset and welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or identity, disability or age.
We consider cultural diversity as driver of both adaptability and innovation. Our mission is to provide equality of opportunity, aspiration, and experience to everyone who works in our Association. Additionally, both our team and our CSR Committee are constantly dedicated to making the workplace more environmentally friendly.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience for the role to: email@example.com.
An offer of employment may be subject to a verification check by LuxFLAG who may ask you to provide copies of educational achievements, international criminal records, references, employment history, etc.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Luxembourg. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.