LuxFLAG is looking to hire a Sustainability Operations Manager.
Reports to: Head of Sustainability Operations
Place of work: Luxembourg (Kirchberg)
Vacancy type: Full time
Contract type: (CDI)
LuxFLAG, the Luxembourg Finance Labelling Agency, is an independent, international, non-profit organization created in Luxembourg in July 2006 jointly by now eight public and private partners. LuxFLAG aims to promote the raising of capital for the sustainable finance sector by awarding a recognizable label to eligible financial products in Climate Finance, ESG (Environment, Social, and Governance), Environment, Microfinance, Green Bonds, ESG Insurance Products and ESG Discretionary Mandates. The LuxFLAG Labels are recognized for their high standards and rigorous assessment of applicant financial products’ investment holdings, strategy and procedures with respect to ESG matters as well as an affirmation of their transparency to investors – which are key components of the eligibility criteria for the LuxFLAG labels.
The Sustainability Operations Manager role will support the Head of Sustainability Operations to supervise the day to day team management and operations.
He/she will collaborate with the Head of Sustainability Operations in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy.
• Establish and maintain up to date policies and procedures that ensure LuxFLAG’s labelled application and review process in compliance with an ISAE 3000-certified framework;
• Contribute to data collection of impact and ESG investments for research and analyses purposes;
• Make sure the Sustainability Operations’ team is trained on relevant areas such as Investment funds and other sustainable finance topics;
• Initiate, coordinate and oversee research and/or process enhancement projects;
• Maintain up to date and regularly analyze statistics related to labelled funds;
• Contribute to the data governance modelling and framework;
• Take an active role in promoting and implementing LuxFLAG’s process
• Integrate impact considerations within the label applicants’ review process
• Assess ESG & Impact Due Diligence on the label applicants and in particular on the applicants’ investees;
Profile, skills and capabilities:
• Master degree in Finance, Law, Economics, Statistics, or Business Management
• Between 5 to 8 years of professional experience in finance, advisory, business consultancy, etc.;
• Team Management experience mandatory;
• Competence in Investment funds and in ESG and Sustainable Finance-related topics such as Responsible Investing, Climate Finance and Impact Finance;
• Exposure to Impact strategies for impact funds and Development Finance Institutions working towards the SDGs;
• Experience with ESG data providers such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc.
• Excellent writing skills and acquainted with routine IT office tools (especially excellent level with excel and database);
• Organized, dedicated and focused with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Analytical and diligent and ability to attend to new priorities quickly as required;
• Ability to multi-task and manage a wide range of project streams;
• Creativity, both in ideas and execution;
• Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined with an enthusiastic and positive approach;
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
• Fluency in English and/or French – spoken and written German is considered an asset; and
• Relevant previous experience in audit, advisory, fund oversight/control or ESG/Impact ratings.
What we will offer you:
• A working environment with diverse nationalities that is keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative and can-do spirit;
• A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills;
• A purpose-driven, performance-oriented association that rewards above-average result;
• Good work-life-balance and flexible working hours;
• Training for your individual career development;
• 26 + 8,5 days of vacation and meal vouchers;
• Supplementary health insurance; and
• Complementary pension plan
LuxFLAG aims to create a positive impact on society by supporting the development of socially and environmentally responsible investments. Our greatest resource is our diverse and dynamic workforce. A culture based on open communication and cooperation at work encourages internal discussion and reflection and provides possibilities for continued professional growth.
We are dedicated to treating all workers and applicants fairly and equitably, and we support diversity and inclusion across our Association. We value diversity as a key asset and welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or identity, disability or age.
We consider cultural diversity as driver of both adaptability and innovation. Our mission is to provide equality of opportunity, aspiration, and experience to everyone who works in our Association. Additionally, both our team and our CSR Committee are constantly dedicated to making the workplace more environmentally friendly.
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to: email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in Luxembourg. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.